Remembrance Card

I made a series of Remembrance Cards after my grandmother passed away. It was a very difficult time because I was already enduring other losses. I poured through my scans of my grandmothers old pictures, and found stages of her life that I felt meant something to her. I cropped them and put them on sheets to send to the printer. I remember walking to the pharmacy to pick up the prints, and the cashier said she knew my grandmother and was sorry to hear she had passed. I lost it. It was all I could do to pay the bill and get out. Once I complete the cards, and a couple digital layouts that I will post on another page, I felt a sense of closure. I think it helped the recipients as well. Loss is so difficult to endure, even when you anticipate the outcome. At the time, I felt like I could keep her forever, if I could just create something lasting. 


The inside has her personal information.


The birds are from a Sizzix border die. The flourish is Cheery Lynn Designs, the big flowers are Tim Holtz tattered florals, and he small flowers are Spellbinders Bity Blossoms. 


  The doily is Cheery Lynn Designs, also outlined with gold marker. 


The frame is from a Hero Arts set by Sizzix. I embossed it in a patina embossing powder by Judikins, and outlined it with a gold marker.


  The corners are also Cheery Lynn Designs, also embossed with a patina embossing powder. 

One of my cleanest work spaces EVER.


Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: