Memory Box

This is a paper mache box that I bought several years ago. I gave it a crackle finish using acrylic paint, then it sat for a very long time until I needed somewhere clever to put little trinkets in my living room. The top is a bit dainty and fragile, but the entire piece inspires me, despite it being decorated with paper. It has been several years now, and it held up. The legs make it feel like a wonderful piece of decor, and somehow reduces dust. 


I made the rosettes out of double faced satin ribbon that I had dyed. The feet are by Tim Holtz and applied with basic craft glue. The red rose trim is a purchase from a scrapbook convention.


I used graphic 45 paper, Cheery Lynn Designs dies, and made the flowers are Tim Holtz dies, and Spellbinders dies.


I used Sizzix, Spellbinders, Cheery Lynn, and Memory Box dies.


Graphic 45 papers


The individual pieces are all hand or die cut, hand painted, or dyed.


1 comment:

Steve said...

My God you are so creative! And to think I knew you way back when! Love the blog too!