Steampunk Cigar Box

Next in my rust and patina series is a couple of cigar boxes. Remember how much we loved to turn them into purses? I love these boxes! I use them to store my sewing supplies and notions; easy to carry around, and they look pretty when I just leave them sitting around for months. I am a slob =)

 

I am using Modern Masters paint to create this REAL rust and patina effect. I cut out chipboard with my Sizzix machine and dies, and gave them a nice protective coat of paint before swishing them around in the activator solution. Everything is applied with a basic craft glue, nothing fancy, and the inside is scrapbook paper made by Graphic 45. 




This one is my favorite! It was a Christmas gift, but maybe I can make another one for myself :)





I have several more projects using the rust and patina process. I will make a point to start a tutorial when I get my blog all caught up.

I found a cigar box on sale for $3.59 at the Craft Warehouse in Vancouver. I bought 3 of them, and painted two for Christmas gifts.

Tim Holtz Alterations dies: Hardware Findings, Weathered Clock (hands), Gadget Gears, Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets, 

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments: