Crafting Keeps Me Sane

I love the 8x8 canvas. They are so easy to work with because they are firm and tight, and there is no limit to what you can pile on. This piece was a sample board for various dies. It is all paint and die cuts, and die cuts I painted. I absolutely love die cuts more than anything else. I can cut paper for hours, so I have drawers of organized cuts. Cathartic I suppose.


If you like the look and options of this particular flower or rose, I would find the die as soon as possible because it is retired for some reason. It is a steel rule die and it cuts out nice felt flowers too. Sizzix.com should have some new options, I added a link to Amazon down below. Don't forget to ink the edges! 




I used an 8x8 canvas which is nice and manageable. I find they are difficult to get my hands on, but now I know to buy a bundle when they are available, and on sale. I buy all my canvas from Michael's when they have their fabulous Artist Loft canvas packs on sale. Girlie Grunge Labels word art.


The background is much more difficult to describe. I used Lumiere fabric paint - Indigo because it is so dark and flexible. I bought it on Joanns. While I was there, I also grabbed the metallic blue Viva Decor Precious Metal Color in various icy blues. And to keep it the marbled effect, I also used basic metallic craft paint that I buy when I go to Michael's.
When the paint dries, I add mica flakes using a really high quality Golden acrylic Polymer Medium, Gloss. The Mica Flakes are by Stampendous, and found at Michael's, Joann's, and Amazon.




Spellbinders - Shapeabilities Venetian Motifs 



1 comment:

Cleaning Contessa said...

Please add a follow by email link. ♡