Curiosity is an ART

This technique makes my day better when I see it on my wall. The illumination shifts as the lighting changes throughout the day. Every time I walk by these pieces I see something different, and it reminds me of what I want in life.


This piece is by far my most favorite of all my mixed media. It has a lot going on, and I love the colors. The paints shimmer in the light, and the lettering is really unique, so much so that I can't duplicate it! How did I do that!?! 


The background is plastered with Natural and Resin Sand, applied with a palette knife. The tiny clock parts were difficult to find, but you can look on Amazon for Steampunk Watch Parts, excellent deal for what you get.




Above anything else, I would love to find the purple and green ribbon again, because this is my last rose in that ribbon.


The candle is a Tim Holtz die Candlelight Fright from Mat Board or chipboard. I used metallic paints to color it, and the Viva Decor Crystal Pearl Pen to create the wax. The flames are from the yellow pearl pens, which is a product I can't live without. I alternated the clear and the white pens while they were wet, to give that dripping look. If you are going to stock them based on my word, you better get two of each, because they are my go to for detailing dies.


I use various beads and glitters and flakes in my confetti fills. Both Michael's and Joann's sells the same product, but I like to buy mine at Joann's on sale.  






I used the Sizzix Serif Essentials alphabet to cut out mat board with an encyclopedia page on top of that. I stamped a peacock feather with Versamark and dusted that with blue and green Pearl Ex. I edged it with a gold paint pen.


I used gloss gel medium to adhere the beads and various pieces.


Any random bead mixture will work.

I linked products to the stores that I buy the most product from online or brick and mortar. Michael's, joann.com, and Amazon are my go to for supplies.




No comments: